Best Email Marketing Practices to Lead Your Business into 2020
Undoubtedly, Email marketing is one of the best techniques to reach and engage your target audience. The implementation of proper Email marketing gives incredible results for business development. Email marketing is a proven technique that works in customer relationship building for small businesses as well.
According to stats;
- 93% of marketers dealing in the B2B marketers use email marketing to deliver content or information.
- 83% of B2B companies are actively using e-newsletters as the part of their content marketing strategies.
- 35% of businesspeople keep their eyes on emails on their mobile devices.
- 80% of business and marketing professionals believe that email marketing helps in customer retention for business.
- The marketers using segmented campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in their revenue.
Best Email Marketing Practices
Here, we will discuss a few Email marketing practices to lead your business in 2020.
1. Use the Right Email Service Provider (ESP)
It is the first important step for building an effective email marketing strategy for your business. ESP is the service that you manage the email account of your business through the online interface as provided. These ESPs include various templates, which help you create an effective email by adding images, links, and various custom layout designs.
There are a number of ESPs available in the market such as;
- Campaign Monitor
- Exact Target
These all the tools mentioned over here have their tested templates along with unique features. These tools are available in paid versions.
2. Personalization is the Key
As per the Forbes survey, more than 70% of buyers in the B2B industry prefer a personalized communication vial email. Most of the B2C and B2B business professionals/buyers look for personalized communication in marketing that helps to fulfill their requirements and keep them connected. It is the most important thing to create an informative and professional email for your target audience but personalization plays a crucial role in increasing the engagement and interest of your audience. So, the question is, how can you personalize your email? There are a few major techniques to implement personalization in your Email marketing strategy.
- Segmentation of email lists is one of the effective ways of personalization. More than 50% of email marketers suggest email segmentation for an effective personalization for business and users. You can implement segmentation in your email lists by dividing the email lists as per buyer personas. Dividing email lists is the way to get a clear picture of your buyer persona’s expectations and requirements.
- Using eye-catchy subject lines in your email is an effective way of personalization. An attractive subject line of your email helps you get more clicks from users’ end. You can create a creative personalization by giving an attractive subject line to your email that leads to 30% higher possibilities of getting opens and clicks.
3. Email Validation
The final goal of collecting emails from your target audience is to engage the right people who are interested in receiving emails from your business or your clients’ business. In case you are not implementing a double-opt solution for collecting email addresses then you should prefer a secure CAPTCHA to avoid various bots from trying to register by using illegal addresses. Double opt-in confirmation refers to the verification of your subscribers that they are interested in receiving your emails. The subscribers of your email list will be supposed to their email address and moments, after receiving their mail address a follow-up email will be sent to them for requesting the activation or confirmation of their interest in joining your email list.
4. Email Automation
Email automation is one of the crucial techniques of effective email marketing strategies. Email automation is an effective technique that drives your business towards lasting value with a few campaigns. Let us discuss these email automation tips in a brief.
Welcome Your New Subscribers
Research says that around 96% of visitors to your website do not buy anything from your business. These users might have shown their interest in your products or services earlier and you should put your efforts to convert these users into customers. A welcome email is the best way to raise interest among your audience for your business.
Once your user subscribes to your email list, send them an automated welcome mail. This welcome mail may include certain offers to special subscribers as well.
Send Feedback Email
Delivering a product or service according to your customers is not an easy task. Feedback emails is helpful to understand your customers, what they like, what they prefer the most in terms of your products or services. Sending a feedback mail to your customers is one of the best ways to ask them directly about their perceptions.
Send Offers, Discounts on Mail
Whenever you launch any product or service, do notify your subscribers about your new product or service. Send offers and discounts schemes email to your customers on your products/service with a creative template.
Email marketing is an emerging trend in the world of online marketing. These strategies mentioned above are the key points of email marketing for B2B and B2C businesses. You need to keep your sharp eyes on the email marketing you are running for your business to generate effective results. You can also make the necessary changes in your campaigns if required.